Fly & Field presents...
(Finished fly pictured below.)
- Hook: 1X Short wet fly hook
- Thread: Red
- Tail: Brown partirdge or 3 or 4 fibres from a hen pheasant center tail or fibres from a speckled partridge tail.
- Body: Hare fur
- Rib: Gold tinsel
- Hackle: Ginger hen or brown partridge.
- Wing: Hen pheasant wing quills or hen pheasant cerine tail.
- Tie in Tail and Ribbing.
- Dub body with Hare and wind ribbing forward.
- Tie in Partridge tip first and wind hackle.
- Tie in wing and whip finish.
- Center Tail.
Click on the March Brown above to see four stages in the creation
of this fly, tied by Davy Wotton. (Images app. 20k each.)
Home | Expert's Zone | Tyer's Bench | Unique Products | Meniscus
© Copyright 1995 - 2013 Fly & Field, Inc. All rights reserved.