Fly & Field presents...
Dave Whitlock's Cricket Nymph
(Finished fly pictured below.)
- Hook: Tiemco 5212
- Thread: 6/0 brown
- Eyes: Mono Eyes
- Antennae: Black Rubber
- Body: Tan Haretron
- Tail: Fire orange Rubber
- Legs: Pumkin spekle flake legs
- Wingcase: Brown Raffine
- Dub at bend then tie in black rubber legs, black mono eyes, and orange rubber tag.
- Dub abdomen then tie in Raffine. Tie a knot with two strands of rubber flake legs then tie in one set on each side.
- Dub forward, tie in a strand of rubber and dub again. Fold the Raffine forward and tie off then fold it back and tie it off again.
- Tie in another strand of rubber flake for legs and dub to the eyes. Fold raffine over and trim.
For a close-up look at 4 stages in the creation of this fly,
tied by Marcos Vergara, click on the Cricket Nymph above.
(One image per page, app. 15k each.)